Voyages of Starship Arrowstar

Voyages of Starship Arrowstar
Starship Arrowstar and Shuttlecraft Maxwell

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Captain’s Log 20-15-07-08



CO:  We landed safely in Lebanon, Tennessee around 1:30 p.m. after launching this morning at 8:00 a.m. A tulip tree decorates the side of the office here at the KOA, and our site has a maple tree of its very own. I’m looking at leafy green trees out a clean front window due to the rain we drove through this morning in Missouri. We had quite a downpour accompanied by fog, but used our fog lights with good results. 

Hungry when we got in, we ate a mid-afternoon meal of turkey burgers and green beans. I fed the dogs and now I’m ready for a nap! The weather here is breezy, but still on the warm and humid side. It’s not great taking a walk this time of day, but the puppies and I have already scoped out the campground.

Not much to report from the bridge, so I’ll turn this over to the FO.

FO:  We did drive through some heavy rain this morning, but the roads were good and no one did anything overly stupid so all in all it was pretty unexciting.  I called ahead to the KOA in Asheville (NC) where the Norton Rally is being held and they have a space for us if we arrive tomorrow so that’s the plan.  I also called Camping World (about 30 miles south of Asheville) and made an appointment to have the oil changed in the rig’s engine.  The Ford book says the first change should be at 7000 miles and we are going to be over that by about 800 miles.

While at Camping World (which is sort of like a huge toy store/candy store/playground for RV’ers) I plan to buy all the neat things that this trip has shown that we NEED.  Like an outside carpet, a screen door sliding cover that includes a release handle for the screen door, a second shelf for use in the freezer, a small table for between our lawn chairs, another small table for use in the rig while watching TV, a comfortable chair for use in the rig when watching TV, vent covers for the two exhaust fans in the rig’s roof so we don’t have to worry about rain getting in when a T-storm creeps upon us, a folding step for use at the bottom of the entry stairs for when the ground slopes away from the rig and the first step up becomes a big one, and a scissors jack for the trailer as I realized I have a spare tire for it but no jack.  

These are just the things I PLAN on buying.  Once I’m in there I’m sure I will find a dozen or more things that I have not yet realized I can’t live (camp) without.

Which brings up the point:  Can you believe that we still call this “camping!”

Sorta boggles the mind, doesn’t it.

End First Officer’s Entry


No comments:

Post a Comment