Voyages of Starship Arrowstar

Voyages of Starship Arrowstar
Starship Arrowstar and Shuttlecraft Maxwell

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Captain’s Log - Stardate: 20-16-07-20 – Mission Day 14



Captain’s Entry:
 
Yesterday Maxwell, the shuttlecraft, took us 50 miles east to McArthur-Burney Falls Memorial State Park. When we stopped at the entry booth to pay, the woman immediately said, “The seniors’ rate will be $7 please.” I quipped, “How did you know?” I guess you had to be there. At the time, we all had a good laugh. At dinner, Frank and I talked about how we don’t see ourselves as looking “old,” but other people obviously do!

Speaking of dinner . . . My First Officer treated his Captain to a big, juicy T-bone steak at the Cattlemen’s Restaurant. It came to me a perfectly cooked medium with that “done over an open charcoal fire” taste that I remember from my dad’s grilling technique back in the day. Later I noticed on the drinks menu that Cattlemen’s has their own version of a Cosmopolitan, and I wished I’d splurged and ordered one. I thought the Cosmopolitan had long ago left the beverage menus along with the Tom Collins (my mother’s favorite cocktail). 

Dinner out was a fitting way to end a stellar day of driving through scenery graced by tall pines, cedars, and oaks standing tall on spectacular mountainsides and in deep valleys. Burney Falls didn’t disappoint and here are the photos and videos to prove it!

Scenery along the way to Burney Falls

Panoramic shot of scenic overlook on the way to Burney Falls




Triple dose of Burney Falls



There are three videos to come: Hawks, Roar of Falls, and Frank on the walkway (Maybe those will be able to upload tonight when there's not so much traffic on the Internet)

End Captain’s Entry

First Officer’s Entry:

Rusty Pistons is in the galley cookin’ breakfast.

End Galley Slave Rusty Pistons' Entry


No comments:

Post a Comment