Voyages of Starship Arrowstar

Voyages of Starship Arrowstar
Starship Arrowstar and Shuttlecraft Maxwell

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Captain’s Log - Stardate: 20-16-07-26 – Mission Day 21



Captain’s Entry:
 
As soon as Rusty Pistons left on his journey to planet DTT (see First Officer Piston's entry), I unfurled the Starship magic carpet outside, rolled out the awning and set up the comfy anti-gravity chair and table. Peanut and Cleo, the space-duo, snuggled down in their beds under my chair and so passed the morning. Around 1:30 p.m. I walked down the camp road to the beach. Three-fourths of the way there Rusty Pistons called to say he had returned from his trek. 

I found a spot to sit on the beach just shy of the splash of the incoming tide. There were kids playing catch, romping in the surf and dogs playing fetch for their masters. Pitched tents graced the dunes east of the tide line and brightened the sand with their bright colors. There’s something about watching those breakers roll in and crash on the sand that mesmerizes me. I can stare at those foaming, churning water waves for hours! Anyway, you get the picture and below I’ve published some more. 



By the way, it’s Thursday, July 28 as I write this, and we’re on a trajectory toward  Starbase Home. Tonight we’ll probably dock in Bakersfield. I don’t look forward to entering the “ring of fire” in Phoenix, but I’m road weary and longing to land.

End Captain’s Entry

First Officer’s Entry:

Well, I completed my solo shuttlecraft soirée to planet Drive-Thru-Tree (DTT) and my To Do List (TDL) now has one fewer entries.  I trunked the tree and truncated the list!

As the line of cars in front of me decreased I noticed the local inhabitants gravitating my way.  I fully realized what was happening when I got out to take the photo and found at least 15 other people taking shots of Maxwell along side me.  That little shuttlecraft does attract attention!
 


The 28 mile drive back to Leggett was only an hour as the twisties were a lot less difficult in the shuttlecraft than in the Starship.  And the lumber trucks coming south at me were less scary as they were empty rather than full like they were yesterday heading north.  On the other hand, the return to the RV park was fun as the trucks were loaded again and I was basically driving a motorized roller-skate.

I thought deeply about this syndrome for hours and finally came to the conclusion that the forest must be somewhere south of Westport and the lumber mill must be somewhere north of Leggett.  Now how’s that for analytical thinking!  

Sometimes I amaze myself.

End First Officer’s Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment