Voyages of Starship Arrowstar

Voyages of Starship Arrowstar
Starship Arrowstar and Shuttlecraft Maxwell

Monday, August 10, 2015

Ship’s Log - Stardate: 20-15-08-10. Mission Day 77



First Officer’s Entry:
 
I had not planned on making it to Sturgis this year, but we did.  It’s right on the way from Elkhart to Dearborn, Michigan.  We took a little dog-leg side trip and went right through there.

I wonder when they moved it?

I also wonder if they do an “Upper Mid-West” version of Sturgis during South Dakota’s Sturgis?  It seems like a natural thing to do.






 Anyway, the drive here was uneventful.  An easy 142 miles across I-12.





We are now ensconced in the Wayne County Fairgrounds and RV Park, in Dearborn.  It’s a pretty good deal.  The Fairground has RV spots for the fair exhibitors to use and they rent them to visitors the rest of the time.  The other advantage is that it’s the nearest RV park to the Henry Ford Museum.

We’ll be going there tomorrow.  I’ll let you know how it is then.

Oh, by the way.  The Ford A/C blower motor is still squealing.  I guess I didn’t fix it after all.  I will pull it out again and probably just replace it.

End Log

Captain’s Entry:
“It’s raining, it’s pouring, the old man is . . .”  You know the rest, but he’s not snoring right now. He’s kicked back watching the lightning and listening to thunder and the sound of rain on the roof. It’s great to be in the RV Park early and have time to just veg. We’ll be here for at least three nights while we play tourists. The best part being . . . we have air conditioning!!!

Just how long do you think Frank will stay idle listening to the rain? Here’s a clue, he’s already under the dashboard up front digging around for the blower motor on the faulty Ford air conditioning. Luckily we don’t use the up-front air when we’re parked, only when we’re driving. The problem with it isn’t that it’s not blowing cold air, it is. The issue is that the unit squeals like a little piggy every chance it gets, which is nearly all the time it’s running. 

Yesterday we thought Frank had fixed it, but today it began its annoying screaming anew. I have no doubt Frank will fix it, but don’t tell him I’ve been breaking all these things just so he’ll have projects to keep him busy. He’s always happiest when he has projects, right?

I took 280 pictures on our way here while trying to get pictures of Sturgis signs for Frank. So, please appreciate the photos today! Unfortunately, I was taking a photo of one Sturgis sign when Frank asked, “Did you get a shot of the Welcome to Sturgis sign?” Huh, what sign? Oh no, I missed it. I had this one chance to shine, and I blew it. It’s a good thing I’m the captain, so I can blame it on someone on the crew. It was Peanut’s fault.

As you have undoubtedly guessed by now, there’s nothing to report except, we’re here, we’re safe and we’re so glad you’re still reading the blog. We expect to have all kinds of amazing pictures of old Henry’s collections and village to share with you tomorrow.

Stay tuned. 

End Captains Log






No comments:

Post a Comment